Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Astronaut's Wife

There's a great guest speaker column over at WonderCafe by Lorette C. Luzajic, author of The Astronaut’s Wife: Poems of Eros and Thanatos. The author tells the sad tale of her husband's death by crystal meth. She's a beautiful writer. The article is in the left column.

Above is her painting, The Astronaut's Wife, which is filled with symbols of her late husband. There are more samples of her painting and writing on her website, The Creativity Vault.

3 comments:

  1. excellent article-so sad and yet so inspiring.

    i just hate how crack and crystal meth destroy many precious lives. so often people are self medicating for childhood abuse or war and other trauma but why can't loving souls enter their lives and help them find their way to healing before they start smoking and snorting and injecting?

    with love your favourite addcitions/mental health counsellor preaching again!
    wendyxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow1 This is great stuff. I loved going through this artists portfolio. She's inspired me this morning to get to my craft table and start an art project which has been in my mind: "Portal to Portal". Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for mentioning my artwork and story. I'm thrilled that I inspired someone to get to their craft table. Creativity is healing. I was saving another article on addiction for my next book, due sometime this year, but I decided to share it on my blog afterall- you may enjoy it: there's more on addiction and more on Johnny Cash, it's called The Gift of Addiction.

    http://thegirlcanwrite.wordpress.com/2008/01/08/the-gift-of-addiction/

    Perhaps you will also enjoy my reading-focused blog:
    www.literaryaddict.wordpress.com

    Thanks again for bringing people's attention to my story. I wish everyone help, health, happiness and God' s love.

    xoxoxxo Lorette C. Luzajic

    ReplyDelete