Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Columbia Heights Crews



This news report is about Columbia Heights in Washington, D.C., which was where I used to live. It's about another sad, sad round of gang-related killings. Real life is hard enough, it doesn't need to be made worse by implying that a seige mentality is the only thing that can possibly get Columbia Heights residents through this tough time. Unlike what one of those interviewed says, there actually is something that can be done and it starts with people coming out of their shells and claiming responsibility for their own community. I'm glad I know people in Columbia Heights who are doing just that. It's not hopeless.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:09 PM

    thanks for your post. just started workin at sojo and found your blog through webangelical.

    before this job I worked in chicago with some former gang members. they gave me a lot of insight into violence like this but also gave me a lot of hope. amazing stories of stopping violence in its tracks on the streets.

    thanks for your hope!

    ReplyDelete