Wednesday, October 17, 2007

5:04 p.m., Oct. 17, 1989

I am sure everyone who lived in the Bay Area in 1989 remembers exactly where they were when the Loma Prieta earthquake struck at 5:04 p.m., Oct. 17, 1989. Above is a picture of the destruction in downtown Santa Cruz, where I lived.

I lived in Santa Cruz, however at the moment the earthquake hit, I was on the other side of the world; sleeping in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia and dreaming that my family was riding out an earthquake together in a California hot tub.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:13 AM

    Boy! What a great photo! I tried to find a good one on line and ended up taking a picture of one we have in our house. A picture you can't even SEE on my blog! I remember talking to you by phone a few days after the quake and you and Lynn wanted to know if you should come home from Ubud. I convinced you to stay where you were and continue to plant trees!

    ReplyDelete