Monday, May 26, 2008

It's that Two-Year-Old Smile

A lot of people remark how much Amado looks like Wendy his mom. And it's true, he's got a lot of Smith McCarroll in him. But I stumbled upon this picture today and I think the kid also has some resembalance to my dad's side.

Maybe it's just that mouth-wide-open laugh common to all happy babies, but doesn't Amado look a lot like my Aunt Diana in this picture?

The date at the bottom says "April 23, 1944," which was my aunt's second birthday. That's her on the left, my dad on the right, with their father Benjamin Gallegos, who I never knew.

3 comments:

  1. I've always thought Amado looks a lot like Aunt Diana and this photo certainly agrees. It's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:16 PM

    So sweet and yet you make me want to cry too. Of course Amadisto has some of you-lots of you and your ancestors in him. I think he looks like both of our "people."
    Wendyxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see the resemblance. It's definitely in that smile/laugh.

    ReplyDelete