Monday, May 19, 2008

Viva California!

Although the reaffirmation of gay marriage by California's Supreme Court gives my Mom and her partner Irene one less reason to move to Canada where we live, it's still something to be celebrated. :-) I really believe this is the direction all of Western society is eventually headed legally, if only because equality is the bedrock of our culture. Those churches which are still debating this issue (thankfully, not the one I am part of) will have to accept this fact one way or another at some point down the road.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:44 AM

    Viva Indeed-about everything you said!
    Wendyxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gay guy I knew said about the "don't ask, don't tell" fiasco: "What ever happened to just wanting to be a hairdresser?" So, I mean, what's so hot about marriage, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:13 AM

    but for those for whom marriage is meaningful it is a human right to have the choice.
    wmgxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool image. It's the first time I saw that. California gets it right sometimes, I guess.

    ReplyDelete