Saturday, August 05, 2006

East Dobson St., El Monte, Calif.


I lived here for most of the time I was in 4th grade. My Mom, brother, and I lived in the last house at the end of the long driveway. My Aunt Beki and Uncle Joe and their kids lived in the house next door. Sol and I and some neighbourhood kids made a baseball field in the empty dirt lot immediately to the left of our driveway, where there are three large buildings now. We lived here during the Sylmar Earthquake which shook LA on Feb. 9, 1971.

I am not sure why looking at this place still gives me the creeps.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:26 PM

    One of the creepiest houses in one of the creepiest neighborhoods we managed to find. I remember ner'do'wells or killers, it was hard to tell at dawn, driving battered Buicks down the driveway before sunup with their lights out, looking, looking.... for us? We'll never know....

    ReplyDelete