Monday, June 04, 2007

British Columbia

I'm back from Vancouver. It was stunningly beautiful, though my little camera phone couldn't really capture it. I did get this picture of some new million-dollar condos from the top of Vancouver School of Theology. There is a big construction boom going on all over the city. Wendy told me that when she was there in 1994 the hillside where these condos are located was totally undeveloped. VST recently sold the land to developers for money to keep their school open.

I was only there about 30 hours, but it was a wonderful trip. Our event went well, thanks to Keith and Noelle and the rest of the Living the Welcome presenters---but especially thanks to Shirley and Sharon who keep the events running week after week all around Canada. They are amazing. The filming I went to do went well also, thanks to the amazing and talented Alison MacLean of Tomboy Productions. And the weather was great---sunny, hot, and brilliant. The flora is basically the same as Santa Cruz, so it really reminded me of a summer day at "home."

I took a red-eye back to Toronto to save money and to get back and help out with Amado, but that didn't work so well. I didn't really sleep on the plane, so after I got back I ended up sleeping almost all day on Sunday. I'm told Amado came in and joined me for his afternoon nap, so I helped out a little I guess. That was pleasant, but I'm still tired today. Oh well, that's life with the jet set.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:47 PM

    Welcome back! Glad your trip was a success...

    ReplyDelete