Monday, July 02, 2007

18 Sevens!

I was doing "research" for a blog entry all about my experience of the Summer of Love (yes, I did attend, with my Granma), and I wound up on this weird slide show that shows people from 1967 then and now. It's interesting, but I call it weird because there are some strange choices included in the show, like Muhammad Ali and Bobby Seale, both people I don't really associate with the Summer of Love.

Anyway, I got seriously sidetracked when I read the text for the Mamas and Papas slide. Did you know that the group was stuck in the Virgin Islands before they made it big and Michelle Phillips (above) rolled 18 sevens in row while playing dice to win them "more than enough" money for the group to make it home and launch their careers?

18 sevens in a row!?!?! I read it a couple of days ago and I can't stop thinking about it. Is this even possible? What are the odds? Maybe she did some kind of "favour" for the house and they gave her loaded die? I just can't believe it.

Anyway, enjoy the slide show!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the Summer of Love! And yes, there were a lot of altered realities during that time...so 18 sevens in a row? Highly possible!

    ReplyDelete