Saturday, February 25, 2006

Hasta la Victoria!


I'm back from Victoria, B.C. (we stayed just steps from the scene pictured above). I was there for a couple of days to gather with my Emerging Spirit colleagues for a staff meeting. I work with a really great team and I think we're starting to get some good work done. But there's plenty more that will be keeping us busy in the months to come!

It was also good for me to get a "west coast fix" after such a long time back east. Victoria's a nice city and surrounded by a really beautiful environment. Ocean, forest, islands, mountains. Bald eagles all over the place. You wouldn't believe how dramatic mountains look after such a long time on the Toronto flatlands. Not to mention flowers, budding trees, and green grass at this time of year!

But the trip west was also the coup de grace for any sleeping pattern I had left. Plus I returned with a cold, so now I'm really messed up. It was great to hold baby Amadisto again, but he probably wonders why his daddy is wearing a surgical mask when holding him. Some kind of weird Michael Jackson thing? My son, you will thank me later. And no, I'm not taking you out on the balcony.

Even after a few days away I noticed how Amado had changed. Bigger, brighter eyes, some more coordination, and of course he's a bit fatter. He's one month old today, weighs 12 pounds, and, according to Dr. Hum, he is in the 90 percentile for every other measurement they use on babies. He's a big boy! Wendy and I are sure he's advanced mentally as well, though that's harder to prove. He's still digging the jazz though. Perhaps it's a sign.

I hope I didn't lose too many of you during my blog hiatus!

No comments:

Post a Comment