Friday, February 10, 2006

A Shot of Love?



Whoa. This picture I found on the Internet is just too cool not to post. Somehow it goes with the music we are playing at the moment to calm Baby Amado (some "lounge" music called, appropriately, Buddha Lounge. I also found this music on the Internet---where else?). It seems to be working a little.

Amado had a rather finicky morning, but then we took him to the doctor for his two-week check up and he calmed right down. A sign, perhaps, that he has an inclination to the healing arts. I mentioned this to Dr. Hum, but she said that he won't like the medical profession much after she starts giving him shots in a couple of months. The whole question of vaccinations makes me queasy. I've heard some bad stories, but perhaps that's just Internet generated "wife's tales." Or perhaps vaccinations did cause some problems in the past, but now the situation has been fixed? I don't know....I tend to trust the numbers which show a very low possibility that Amado will experience anything adverse from a vaccination. Still (and I realize this may be shocking to some readers), I know people who didn't vaccinate their children because of concerns about the medicine.

"Big Science. Hallelujah." --Laurie Anderson

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:00 PM

    You knew I'd answer didn't you? Even thought there are some exceedingly rare reports, the consensus is that the risk in not vaccinating your child is far greater- and vaccination only works because everyone is vaccinated...so please,check your sources- whooping cough (pertussis) is deadly if you are under 1.

    ReplyDelete