Wednesday, April 05, 2006

April Snow



For those of you reading from afar, the Toronto area had a bit of snow last night...pretty good for April 5, though I'm sure it will melt soon. I always say that as a Californian, I moved here for the exotic winter weather. But this year was sort of a dud. Overall it was the warmest winter in Toronto since temperatures have been recorded. I was looking forward to trying out my new cross-country skis (new to me anyway...I found them in a dumpster), but there was never really enough snow in town to do that this year. Now that I'm a dad of a Canadian kid, I imagine I'm going to have to learn some new winter skills such as ice skating to keep the tyke occupied---in fact, as a winter baby he will probably be having ice skating parties for his birthday, as kids do around here. I'm drawing the line at hockey and curling though. I may have left sunny California, but I'm not totally nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment