Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Rum Pa-Pa Pum

Oh yeah, the little drummer boy. I'm proud that Amado likes to play the drum so much, but I'm still terrified that he will fall over on his head when he props himself up like this. He's getting better at it (standing up) every day though. I predict he will be walking by his first birthday.

In other news, I'm trying to get my work done so that I can take a break for the holidays, you know, maybe start some Christmas shopping (gulp). It feels like so many important odds and ends have piled up here at the end of the year...at work, at home, away from home. I feel a strong need to clear the air and start anew in 2007. I believe the week between Christmas and New Year's should be reserved for whatever is sacred in your life---love, art, joy, good food, movies, winter hikes, eggnog lattes, good books, worship and meditation, cleaning your closets, new music---but not work. There's the rest of the year for that.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:21 PM

    art, hot beverages, books, the spiritual life etc...it all sounds AMAZING..now just try to make space for it with an active and adorable 10 1/2 month old!!! Yes you can dream and hope! Seriously precious space does now need to be made for all good things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:34 PM

    What an incredible little guy. How I long for him....

    ReplyDelete