Saturday, June 21, 2008

Imagine Obama vs. Arnold!

Before the primaries started there was talk of repealing the rule that only those born in the U.S. could be president so that people like Arnold Schwarzenegger could run. If that had happened I would bet my boots he would have gotten the Republican nomination.

Imagine Obama vs. Arnold! Now that would be a race!

They are equals in charisma (though Arnold's not really my type). Each could raise tons of money. Both bring new political directions into their parties. One has (or had) mass. The other has (or had) mass appeal. The debates would have made amazing television.

I'm not sure that the real race is going to be as interesting, but I'm open to being surprised.

(And by the way boys, it's summer so get those trunks on!)

No comments:

Post a Comment