Thursday, March 16, 2006

Blowing my Top

Popocatepetl, which you can see on a clear day overlooking Mexico City. I love this volcano. Sometimes my life feels like a volcano. So much pressure, ready to bust a gasket....pour a bunch of lava all over the place. No biggie really :-)

Sorry for once again playing the absentee blog owner. I've just been so busy. Did anyone know that being a new dad really occupies a lot of time? Of course, I don't do it all myself, but after 40-something years of doing pretty much what I want, there's been a bit of a transition in my life of late. Not to mention I've been really busy at my job at well. Emerging Spirit, which is the project I am the producer for at The United Church of Canada is a major campaign for the denomination, and I would say for the country as a whole. I like to tell friends (we're all friends here, right?) that Emerging Spirit's focus is the same focus I've had throughout my career in faith-based work....which is to change the church. No biggie really :-) It's really exciting to be a part of, but as you might imagine, there's also a lot of work to be done.

I---who nobody would mistake for being anything but a behind-the-scenes type---ended up doing a big (for me) presentation to a room full of executives of the United Church a couple of days ago. In my opinion it went really well, proving that 1) even a goofball like me can give a halfway decent presentation using PowerPoint, and 2) the material Emerging Spirit is producing is really good quality stuff and worth spreading the news about. In a nutshell, the Spirit is creating change in Canada--but are believers ready to accept change themselves?

Anyway, I have a million blog entries in my head (you know, like a volcano ready to blow it's stack), but I don't have time to post them all. I'll try to get some up in the next couple of days...we will see how I do.

(Hey, did I just set myself up for failure again?)

Whoever the three dozen or so of you are who are checking this blog daily, well....God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment