Monday, March 20, 2006

Hey Amigo, Lighten Up



Here are two pictures of me taken in Mexico, the first in 1987 in San Miguel de Allende (when el mustache was still cool, thank you very much) and the second in 2003 in Mexico City. Perhaps it's the arrival of spring, but there's more light today, I'm listening to Mana's "Revolucion" (a brilliant rock-en-espanol album that rivals anything that U2 has done in my opinion), and I'm wishing I was in Mexico again. I've had some of my sweetest and saddest times there and I'm sure I will be back. When, I'm not sure, but soon I hope. I will always consider it my second home, even if I am confused about what the first may be.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:20 PM

    Sometimes you just have to be in the present in order to lighten up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:22 PM

    Sometimes you have to "be" in your present place in time and space inorder to truly lighten up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:25 PM

    hey, I thought the top picture was Geraldo back in the day for a second! Sharon

    ReplyDelete