Wednesday, November 19, 2008

LIFE Photo Archive

Google has posted the entire LIFE photo archive, which they claim to include all LIFE photos from 1750s (!?) to today (OK, I'm sure they didn't even have photos in 1750, did they?).

This picture from the 1960s was always in big hit in our family, and not just because it's of somebody smoking marijuana. But this was somebody WE KNEW smoking marijuana. At least that's what the story was. The man in the pot experiment was a friend of my parents from LA.

(Now is the time I need my Mom to "pipe in" and confirm this. Mom, do you have any idea what I'm talking about, or am I the only family member who can still remember the 60s?)

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I'm intrigued. Yes, I vaguely remember the 60s and I wish I knew who this marijuana smoking guy is..;-( Let's make something up.) Then post the blog again in a few months and tell a very interesting and outlandish story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I totally remember...

    - my Mom and Dad seeing the picture in LIFE and saying (I can hear the words), "I think that's Bob." "I think so too." "Oh my God..." etc.

    - Visiting "Bob" at his house in West LA. He had a chopper and a house full of incredible pottery -- multi-colour vases about 3 feet tall, all different colour and textures.

    - Sometime later, after my parents were separated, we visited "Bob" with my Mom and her friend Sue McCool. Sue and Bob ended up getting together and spending a lot of time alone in Bob's room.

    I totally remember! I'm not making this up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For reals? Bob and Sue McCool?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, pot-smoking Bob and cool Sue McCool!

    ReplyDelete