Sunday, February 11, 2007

Canada Geese

Yesterday it was sunny and, at -6C/21F, it was a comparative warm spell, so I took Amado out for a little walk. We saw a gaggle of Canada geese ("gaggle" seems so pretentious to me, but I guess that's what they're called) chillin' on the icy snow in the park. Apparently geese didn't used to spend the winter in Toronto even ten years ago, but lots of them do it now.

The temperature hasn't gone above freezing in Toronto since mid-January or so, but I'm not complaining. This is the exotic weather I moved from California for. Just imagine, in Winnipeg recently it was -50something (or -58F) with the wind chill. And right now just across Lake Ontario in upstate New York, they are buried by more than 7 feet of lake effect snow. Now that's exotic!

No comments:

Post a Comment