Sunday, May 06, 2007

20,000 Mexicanos Desnudas

I never thought I would see even one Mexican nude in Mexico City's Zocalo. But here you go, today almost 20,000 stripped for the photographer Spencer Tunick. And right in front of the cathedral no less. ¡Que escandalo!

It's hard for me to see these photos and not think they were shot at some kind of mass human sacrifice or a genocide or something, but then again, I have a suspicious mind.

There's video here, and an article in English here.

By the way, according to some historians the Aztecs sacrificed 20,000 people a day for three days when the Temple Mayor, which stood at this very site, was dedicated around the year 1390.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:24 PM

    Que escandalo, indeed! I think even MY mother would be shocked! (Either that or she would have been one of them!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:59 PM

    i never thot i'd see a nude mexican ANYWHERE in mexico

    ReplyDelete