Saturday, December 01, 2007

Weekend Update

A quick weekend update....

1) R.I.P. Evel Knievel. In the early-70s my "Big Brother" Mike Crum took me to an F1 race at the old Ontario Motor Speedway (that's Ontario, Calif.). Before the race, we saw Knievel jump a bunch of buses. That was pretty cool. Knievel seemed sort of like a hard ass though.

2) Our desktop computer has passed away, after almost 6 years of hard labour. I was able to find a refurbished Gateway computer online with a ton more power and capacity for just $349 (the old computer cost almost $1000 in 2002). I haven't finished setting it up yet, but hopefully we will be back online sometime tonight, this time running on Vista. We will finally have the ability to edit all that video I've been taking of Amado.

3) The COLD weather is back and a big winter storm is on its way tonight. We're running out to get Booji (that's our baby, in case you didn't know) snow boots this afternoon. We'll see if we can get him to wear them when he needs to. So far, we've been unable to get him to wear mittens, no matter what temperature it is.

4) I watched some of the CNN/YouTube Republican debate the other night. You know, I'm not against all Republicans per se. I've met some Republicans who are nice people doing great things in the inner cities by investing in business and employment opportunities for the poor. But the obsession of some Republicans with guns, illegal immigrants, and "do-you-believe-every-word-of-the-Bible-ism" is scary and something I would spend time campaigning to keep out of power. I thought Huckabee and McCain did pretty well in the debate. Huckabee seemed like a sincere man; McCain killed Romney in the exchange about waterboarding. Neither Romney or Fred Thompson had a very good night in my opinion. Not that I'm voting for a Republican anyway.

5) I have to write a short article for Sojourners that I'm running late on.

6) rdydersdrfyyyyytrttt3w2trtrr7y7yyyt6ttree3e3e/lfffrrdssaeawq333333wheuuyyuuuuyuf
ytttyyyu6rrfkkolrrtr4wwwsiireeweerrtrrrwrrwrryleeessd (that's what Amado has to say about it all).

7) Ok, got to run.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. Yeah, ol' Evil seemed like an El Monte kind of guy. Good news about the computer and Booji's snow boots. As for the Republicans I don't kow of them ever doing any good anywhere but then I lead a sheltered life. I think Huckabee is an evil, small minded bigot dressed in Mr. Rogers sweaters. eiths;4455,5m5 95w-0u5b ...and that's all I have to say about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, he also beat some guy's head in with a lead pipe. I don't think people who do that are cool.

    ReplyDelete