Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Our House

Above, our apartment. April fools! Har, har, har.


It's just that I like flipping through home and design magazines, just to imagine if there might be some hope for our 888 sq. ft. living space. However, I can't even get through half a magazine without realizing that the folks that put these magazines out come from a very different world than the one I inhabit (even if I was hosted at a BEAUTIFUL lunch at one of Toronto's FINEST resturants with several lifestyle magazine editors around Christmas time :-).

Here are some snippets I found interesting from Canadian House & Home's special Condos, Lofts & Apartments issue (April 2008):

From the Editor-in-Chief: "I have to admit it: condo living is a little foreign to me. When we moved into our current home, I told my husband, Bob...." Yadda yadda yadda.

Best Quote: Cindy Bleeks, Designer -- "Smallest space: A residence room in university, shared with a roomate who insisted on hanging a life-sized poster of the drummer from Def Leppard."

Biggest Rip Off: "All season faux boxwood promises greenery without commitment. 24" h., Plastic leaves on metal frame. $200."

Quote Most Obilvious of World Religions: "...when the sliding screen is completly closed, it gives the den a Zen-like quality, perfect for when the owner practices yoga...."

Then there's Peterborough, Ontario's California Condos.ca ... which are actually located no where near California at all, yet dangle the promise of a "California lifestyle" right here in Canada.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love your new space! We'll have to visit.

    ReplyDelete