Thursday, October 26, 2006

Places I've Lived: Otto St., Santa Fe Springs, Calif.

I don't have the actual address for this place, but I'm pretty sure it's right around here. By my estimate we lived there sometime in 1971, though it couldn't have been for more than a couple of months. It was another creepy house behind a hamburger stand in the eastern suburbs of LA.

One time my brother and I were home alone in the evening, waiting for my mom to return from work. Something scared us and made us think there was a ghost in the house (I don't remember what it was). We ran outside and wouldn't go back in the house until mom got home. To pass the time, we smashed ketchup packets which we had stolen from the hamburger place on the sidewalk, pretending it was splattered blood.

Mom got home and told us we were silly, so we believed her and went back in for the night.

Spooky.


Google link

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:21 PM

    Hmmm...was that the house where the wiring kept smoking and the grass was dead and life was tough? I think there really was a ghost in that dump and not the benign type like the one at the Snowbird..(Norma?.)I'm amazed that you and your brother aren't insane..!!

    ReplyDelete