Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Yesterday's Top Ten


Another crazy run on the iPod shuffle....

10.16.06
1. Chaung Tzu's Dream – William Parker & Hamid Drake
2. Juanita – Rachel Smith (absolutely beautiful....I almost turned the iPod off after this song, I was so stunned)
3. Bobby-a-Go-Go – Bobby Parker (so funky, you can almost smell it....)
4. Too Much To Lose – Jeff Beck
5. Corrido de Boxero – Ry Cooder
6. The Real Revolution is Love – Joy Harjo & Poetic Justice
7. Up From the Skies – Jimi Hendrix
8. I and I Dub – Abyssinians
9. Sanctuary – Mahavishnu Orchestra
10. Safety Zone – The Gospel Hummingbirds ("Jesus keep me in the safety zone, I know I gotta be there just to make it home.")

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:09 PM

    I love that song by Rachel Smith too. Why isn't she famous yet?? Her voice is magnificent and her music is quirky and brilliant and powerful-touches deep into your soul and at times rips out your guts but then gently tucks you in for the night into utter calm.

    ReplyDelete