Saturday, November 25, 2006

Babies-R-Us

I've been trying to get a picture of Amadisto (left) duplicating this baby picture of me (right), but it's been harder than I thought. Last night Amado was having none of it. He was wiggley and not in a smiling mood, at least until I picked him up off the floor.

Now I have a lot more respect for the Mexican photographer who back in 1962 went door-to-door taking pictures of kids in East LA and selling the portraits to the parents. (That's the story about this picture of me, right Mom?) The drool notwithstanding, he got me to smile and sit still. The fact that somebody combed my hair is an added bonus.

I'll have to keep trying the get the shot before Amado is too old!

3 comments:

  1. And unlike Amado, you were a little chubster. Both of you... adorable babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:22 PM

    Yes, we all gathered whatever money we could gather and paid it all to this guy with a camera. We'd spiff up a corner of our living rooms and plunk the kids down and hope for the best since it was our dinner money.... (Strangely, Amado looks to me more like Sol in this picture than you...?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:59 AM

    darn cute babies but I think Amado has his mama's beautiful eyes! Hope you all are keepin warm...Sharon

    ReplyDelete