Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Ouch.

In a letter, titled, "Good Riddance Attention Whore," anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan announced that she was leaving the anti-war movement and that her son "did indeed die for nothing."

"I have tried ever since he died to make his sacrifice meaningful," she wrote. "Casey died for a country which cares more about who will be the next American Idol than how many people will be killed in the next few months while Democrats and Republicans play politics with human lives.

"It is so painful to me to know that I bought into this system for so many years, and Casey paid the price for that allegiance. I failed my boy and that hurts the most."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:21 AM

    Well...she gave it her all. Bush is probably grinning ear to ear this morning...

    ReplyDelete