Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Serrano Skate Contest 1979




I've been sick with some kind of flu bug so I haven't felt like blogging or doing much of anything. But here are some totally sick pictures from Serrano High School's first (perhaps only) skate contest back in 1979.

Three cool dudes laying down some cool berts, from top to bottom: Sol Gallegos, Vince Demaio, Tony Elfering.

Among the spectators in the background I recognize Estherly, Tyneka, and in the bottom picture maybe that's Cecelia on the right. Not sure who the guy with the skate and long blond hair is though. Anybody want to make a guess? Bosworth?

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:35 PM

    Cool ramp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:12 PM

    The "guy" withe the board and the long blond hair isn't Bosworth. It's actually Joyce "dewitt" Tuttle. Famed for her Skater Crater shredding and very pugy nose. I think she dated Mongo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, these are sooo cool! I also had a lot of pictures I took of this event that were published in the "Rattler Tattler". I had a bunch of those Serrano newspapers for a long time but have misplaced them along the way...One of my articles was about trying to get skateboarding included in the P.E. curriculum...too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I know that guy, I just cant think of the name...I will have to check the yearbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:12 PM

    What a session that was, i think that girl in the last photo on the right is Victoria Lambdin. Thanks for postin the pic,s.
    Radical Dude.

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Famed for her pugy nose" and insinuating that she also went out with Mongo? I can see why you (whoever you are)made that post anonymously!

    What ever happened to Mongo anyway. That was one funny cat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:44 AM

    hey believe it or not serrano had another skate contest in 2004, it was actually pretty fun.

    ReplyDelete