Thursday, April 02, 2009

Everyone Loves Goats

I had a goat roti at Island Foods the other day, so of course I'm still thinking a lot about it. And wouldn't you know it, The New York Times coincidentally has announced that eating goat is sort of like a new fad. Here are the money quotes:

When New York magazine proclaimed eating goat a “trendlet” last summer, one reader wrote on the magazine’s Web site, “Here are white people again!!!! Acting like they invented goat meat.”

[Me: Turns out goat is the world's most popular meat, which I find hard to believe.]

I’d liked the flavor of the meat, equidistant as it was from lamb and beef. But when my teeth wrangled a particularly tough piece of meat that was shield-shaped and curved and slightly rubbery, I had the distinct impression that I had bitten into the cup of a tiny bra.

[Me: Mmmm]

I was thinking of picking up another goat roti soon, but then I saw this blog post about Cesar Chavez and now I feel compelled to become a vegetarian myself (minus grapes too, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment