Thursday, November 22, 2007

For the Lives that Could Have Been

" I think I know what Johnny Cash means when he says he wears black for the poor and the hungry, for the prisoners, for those who never read the words of Jesus, for the sick, the old and 'for the reckless ones whose bad trip left them cold....I wear the black in mourning for the lives that could have been,' as Johnny sings."

This is from Lorette C. Luzajic's article on WonderCafe that I mentioned a couple of days back. It reminds me of my Mom's powerful tribute to Johnny Cash and to her sister (my aunt) who died on this day in 2000.

My Mom did a reading of her tribute on KUSP radio and I have a recording of it, but I haven't been able to figure out where to post it so everyone could hear it. I will one day, I'm sure.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comments. Ask Katie how to put the recording on...doesn't she do that a lot? ,-)

    ReplyDelete