Sunday, November 18, 2007

Some Post-Birthday Reflections

1) "As the drop poured into the ocean is the ocean, not the ocean the drop, so the soul drawn into God is God, not God the soul. The soul is in God as God is in God." --Meister Eckhart
2) I need to remember I was born an artist.
3) Don't forget where I came from.
4) Don't forget where I'm going.
5) Honour my temple (which is Christianese for "a little exercise wouldn't kill you").
6) Yesterday, the moment Wendy threw her back out, I knew that our weekend was not going to go as planned. She's still in bed and in a lot of pain. I definitely know what she is going through, having been there before.
7) I'm sorry I won't be able to go to the Santa Cruz flea market again.
8) I am thankful for my birthday gifts: a blender, Raptor tickets, Ondaatje's Divisadero, some great phone calls from family, among other cool things.
9) Amado and I have had a bad cold for a week now. That should be long enough.
10) The Toronto Argonauts are playing the Winnipeg Bombers for the CFL Eastern Championship right at the moment (2nd quarter, Winnipeg leads 11-1). I wonder why I am rooting for Winnipeg, when I live in Toronto and the game is happening just down the road. Worse, why am I more interested in the Detroit Lions game on the other channel?

Above, Huntington Beach, Calif. in happier days.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:31 PM

    In response to your list:
    1. Meister Echkart is a little mind-twister isn't he?
    2. Hard some days to hang on to this one..
    3&4.Coming and going: as long as you're not standing still.
    5. If you destroy this house where are you going to live? (Unitarianese for "take care of your body".)
    6. So sorry about Wendy's back.
    7. I can't even talk about the flea market.
    8. Happy Post BD.
    9. Airbourne
    10. I wonder why I'm watching football when there's a memorial poetry reading at the Cultural Center today for Maude Meehan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:15 PM

    Please pass on my sympathies to Wendy- back pain is the worst! Hope you got some cake...By my friend, Chistina

    ReplyDelete