Monday, November 26, 2007

New Music: Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains the Same

Well, not exactly new since this was one of my favourite albums in the late 70s. But I have haven't heard it since, and it's newly remastered, so I picked it up at iTunes. Crank it, it still rocks.

I remember in the summer of 1979 almost every weekend (it seemed) Sharon, the Boyz and I would drive down from Phelan to La Puente in LA to catch the midnight showing of The Song Remains the Same. It was incredible to see Led Zeppelin perform this concert on a huge screen with huge sound. But it was about a two hour drive, and the midnight show ended just before 3:00 a.m. So now I'm thinking...was I crazy?

2 comments:

  1. No, just real real young...

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, aren't all teenagers a bit crazy anyway? the funny thing is I was just thinking about those Song Remains the Same showings and it wasn't until I revisited it as an adult that I realized because of how late those shows were, I never got through the whole movie without falling asleep! I think I also slept through part of that Pink Floyd laser show we saw at the Griffith Park observatory. That was so cool- do you remember that show? Did you go to any of the Rocky Horror Picture Show viewings with me and Mickey? Those were always a riot!

    ReplyDelete