Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Could you not watch with me one hour?


Ok baby lovers, I've posted the latest pics of Amadisto in the Flickr tab on the right. Click on that and you should be able to see a slideshow of the latest baby pictures, plus pictures of my family that I haven't figured out how to get rid of (not that I would want to!).

You will also notice that I've gotten pretty good at typing with one hand as I hold Baby Amado. He really doesn't seem to want to sleep anywhere else but right on Wendy's or my chest. Wendy's out like a light after all that she's been through, so it's just me and the A-boy blogging away. At least until he wakes up, which should be soon, because he hasn't been sleeping more than an hour or so except at night when he's been sleeping about 3 hours straight, but still he insists on sleeping ON one of us, with the preference of being jiggled at the same time. Makes for a long night, and day, and night...

Should we just let him cry and not pick him up? I suppose that's a question the all parents face, as well as all spiritual traditions in one way or the other, except expanded to include all people or even all life. Do I stop to help somebody who is in distress? Or do I cross to the other side of the road? What if the person is not so much in distress but just can't express themselves in any other way? What is the ethical way to engage them? Whoa, I'm out on the deep end here...better just do what comes naturally...and try to get some sleep while you are at it.

1 comment:

  1. woe, waxing a little philosophical are we? having a new baby and being sleep-deprived will do that. Interesting thoughts just the same. Just a hint of advise from a mother of three and a grandmother of three: he's too young to spoil and I would NOT let him cry- not for long anyway. If he wants to be held- then you should definitely hold him cuz he needs the bonding human touch. A few things you can try to get him to lay down when you need to is what I call the burrito wrap, also a WONDERFUL thing to lay him on is one of those U shaped pillows with the beanbag-like filling and the little doohickey that simulates the heartbeat next to him.One more great item is the bouncy chair with vibration and music if possible. Please excuse the less-than technical terms. Thanks so much for sharing the wonderful pics. peace and love, Sharon

    ReplyDelete