Sunday, February 26, 2006

More on that 1993 Santana interview



Ok, this is the LAST time I promote my 1993 interview with Carlos Santana this month! But, since it's being blogged about by none other than Bill Ives, I thought I should at least do readers a service and post the link again, this time with a picture of the actual event. Yes, that's a rare picture of me in my younger years, along with my great boss at the time, Karen Lattea (who asked Carlos the best questions of the day). We didn't expect to interview Carlos until the following day, so we weren't really dressed for the occasion. Carlos didn't seem to mind though. Interestingly enough, these outfits met the summer dress code at Sojourners back then. I'm not sure if shorts and t-shirts would cut it around that office now though.

Check out Carlos' cool Felix the Cat fanny pack he has around his waist. He kept it on the whole interview. I still wonder what he had in there. He was also wearing some really cool silk slip-ons with an image of the African continent on them. You can't see it in this picture, but he under his jacket he has on one of those super colourful shirts designed by San Francisco artist Michael Rios that he always wore in those days. This shirt had a giant image of Miles Davis' face on it. I have some other pictures from the interview that I will try to get scanned and post here one day. They were all taken by Washington D.C. photojournalist Rick Reinhard, who also happened to shoot my wedding day.

Bill Ives' website tackles the really interesting subject of blogs and knowledge management for most of the week, then switches to food, art, and travel on the weekends. Unlike my blog, his is a serious one and it appears he puts real thought into it. Thanks Bill for linking to my humble site!

No comments:

Post a Comment