Sunday, March 04, 2007

Good Morning Daddy ;-0

Early this morning about 5:30, Amado woke me up by jamming his thumb deep into my eye. (I don't think he meant it, he just got lucky.) It really, really hurt and I couldn't see, so Wendy and Amado took me to the emergency room at St. Joseph's. I waited along with two crazy guys who had spent all night eating at the Mandrian all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet, three people with headaches who wanted Tylenol 3, and about six people with various injuries from slipping on the ice.

The doctor gave me a few eye drops of pain medication (thank you!) and then added some yellow dye that allowed him to see the damage. "Wow, that's a big one!" he said. He drew a diagram of my eye with a huge slash about halfway across it. The nurse told me that by far the greatest cause of eye injuries they see in the emergency room are by babies sticking their fingers in their parent's eyes. Who would have known? Are these coordinated attacks?

My sight in my left eye is super blurry---the picture above is on the generous side of what I see. Plus I have tremendous pain whenever I open that eye. But the doctor says it should heal in 3-4 days. Meanwhile, I'm a one-eyed daddy and it's harder than it looks!

This blog will have to be on hold until I can see what I'm writing!

3 comments:

  1. All Pirate cracks not withstanding ... be well, get whole, and heal ...

    Ain't parenting fun ???

    Thoughts and prayers on your recovery ... I'm sure the wee one intended to be loving ... just may NOT feel that way right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:32 PM

    YIKES! Maybe you should re-visit ferberization afterall?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:12 AM

    hey,sorry about your eye man-but you do have another! have you had the head-butt yet? that's always fun...got a couple of black eyes, bloody noses and bumps on the forehead from those! my oldest son still has scars on his face from my daughter scratching him and I'm pretty sure the gray hairs I have are from him. I also used to love stepping barefooted on the legos, jacks and barbie shoes, not to mention the handfuls of hair they pulled out. They learned pretty early on not to bite, pinch, hit or kick mom though because she does bite, pinch, hit and kick back:)I have had the old thumb/finger in the eye a few times too- but not THAT bad...here's hoping you have a speedy recovery. Sharon

    ReplyDelete