Thursday, March 01, 2007

Heading East

We're getting hammered by a fierce winter storm here. I'm thinking of Wendy out on the cold, icy streets distributing needles.

Meanwhile, the creator of my favourite blog, Raul Gutierrez of Heading East, and his wife Jenn are on the cusp of giving birth to their second child. Raul blogged about the birth of their first child (above), who they thought was a girl until the moment he was born. I have recommended Heading East several times here and will again. Raul's an amazing artist. Many blessings on their whole family at this sacred moment.

I'm also thinking of Lesley and Keith in Manitoba who will arrive at the very same moment any day now. I guess each birth is completely different, but I remember the giant rush of life that I felt when Amado was born and so I just want to say to all these folks: May peace be upon you.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:42 PM

    For a minute I thought your blog picture was of Wendy and Booji and I thought, "when did he learn to stand up like that". And who are Lesley and Keith? Babies about to be born or what? ;-)

    ReplyDelete